Long before this night

I’m looking out my window
Watching the sky pouring down his stars
I feel the air on my skin
And all I can think is

I wish I could stop time right now
Stay in this moment forever
If I don’t have you by my side
I don’t want my nights to end since
You have broken into my heart
And from the sun I can no longer hide

We keep turning to shadows within our hearts
To find reasons to avoid what is calling us
You’re hiding behind the memory of a perfect love
And I’m living in a future I long for
There’s so much space between us that
It’s making it difficult to see
Whether you think of me

You once said there was something
Karmic about us
Those nights you turned to days
Just to hear me say I want you
Long before this life, long before this night
There was a “we” we lived
Now I’m more “I” than I’ve ever been
And nothing seems to be alright

I’m wishing on this rain of stars
Falling down my open palm
That you one day be mine
I’m putting a spell on this night
Trapping a word that can’t be broken

That for you I will always fight





Comments

Popular Posts