This is Me Standing

I’m opening one door after the other
Trying to find the exit you hid
I know I’m surrounded in ruins
I know you think I’ve lost
But this is me standing
I’m buried alive in corpses of moments
The rooms are dark
The feelings are dark
But guess what

I’ve lost the fight but not the war
I’ll find my way through it all
I might seem weak, I might seem lost
But there’s no one stronger than a woman in love

You’re standing tall in this game of pretense
You think you’re winning my love
But there’s nothing more empty
Than a scared, anchored heart
Stand in front of the mirror
And look at your masked, Poker eyes
Tell me again how that’s what you’re living for
Being a shadow in disguise

I may be covered in wounds
I may not see the exit above
I may be struggling with fears
But there’s no one stronger than a woman in love.


Comments

Popular Posts